Health Care Articles
|Home||Health Basics Articles||Health Problems Articles||Diseases Treatment||Rare Diseases||Home Remedies||Contact Us|
Ovarian Cyst - Symptoms and Treatment
Ovarian cysts are small fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovaries. Most cysts are harmless, but some may cause problems such as bleeding and pain, and surgery may be required to remove those cysts. Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled, sac-like structures within an ovary . The term cyst refers to a fluid-filled structure. Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about 2 centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst. The ovaries also make the hormones oestrogen and progestogen, which help to regulate the menstrual cycle.Most cysts are diagnosed by ultrasound.The treatment of ovarian cysts varies from observation and monitoring to surgical procedures.
Causes of Ovarian Cyst
1) The most common cause is follicular cyst, which results from the growth of a follicle. Follicular cysts form when the follicle grows larger than normal during the menstrual cycle and does not open to release the egg.
2) Corpus luteum cysts are less common. They develop when the tissue that is left behind after an egg has been released (the corpus luteum), fills with fluid or blood
3) Dermoid cyst or a may develop (sometimes called a benign mature cystic teratoma). This type of cyst can contain a range of tissues , such as hair, skin or teeth
Syptoms of Ovarian Cyst
Common symptoms are :
Treatment of Ovarian Cyst
1) Surgery. If the cyst doesn't go away after several menstrual periods, has gotten larger, looks unusual on the ultrasound, causes pain then doctor may switch towards surgery.
2) Birth control pills. If you frequently develop cysts, your doctor may prescribe birth control pills to prevent you from ovulating
|Copyright © Health-Care-Articles.info||Catch our new Health Care Blog|